Parents / Aims
Parents / Aims
This is information for Parents and Carers designed to help put your mind at ease and provide you with key information to ensure the start of a great parent partnership with Great Child Day Nursery & Pre-School.
Choosing a nursery is a very important and often difficult decision for parents and our aim is to make this a stress-free choice and process for you.
At Great child we are proud to offer an affordable, high quality, safe and stimulating childcare experience and service for the local community.
Our Aims and Objectives
* To provide a secure, loving and caring environment that promotes learning through play.
* To create a learning environment that offers excellent quality of care and education through a broad and balanced curriculum.
* To treat all people with equal respect irrespective of their race, gender, disability or religion.
* To offer support to and work in partnership with parents, carers and families, recognising the valuable contribution these people make to their child’s learning.
* To encourage each child to reach their full potential through taking part in stimulating activities that foster social interaction, communication, self-confidence and self- esteem.
* To help children to develop sensitivity and respect towards others, multi-cultural awareness and a positive approach to learning.
Our vision is to provide high quality teaching, learning and inclusive care through play in an environment that is safe, friendly and full of fun. We maintain these aims through our policies and through continued training of our staff.
We set your child for GREAT success by:
* Providing the highest standard of care and education
* Working closely with parents
* providing large play areas
* Using highly qualified and experienced staff
* Having regular local outings for children
* Having very competitive and affordable prices
About Our Service
We are open 38 weeks (Tilbury) and 51 weeks (Romford) a year
Open from 7am to 7pm Monday to Friday
Flexible childcare service for babies and children from 3 months old
Breakfast, after school and holiday club
Early start and late finish is also available on request
Spacious indoor and outdoor areas
Ofsted registered (free childcare available for 2, 3 and 4 year olds)
We work in partnership with parents, local authorities, Ofsted and other professionals to ensure that every child’s need are met, the child’s welfare is paramount. We offer the opportunity for children to learn and explore in a safe and fun way.
We encourage and welcome applications from all parents / carers and believe strongly in equality and diversity in our setting. We aim to support every family and child regardless of ability, sex, religion, culture, gender, age, language etc and provide an anti – discriminatory practice and provision.
We provide snacks, freshly home cooked meals and fresh water and milk daily, we also cater for children with allergies and dietary requirements
We ensure that parents are part of their child’s learning and are informed and consulted with daily. We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage and place a high emphasis in learning through play.
42 Mawney Road
Telephone : 01708912584 / 07415336854
110 Dock Road
Tel: 01375843155 / 07735190901